Sunday 26 February 2012

In My Mailbox (4)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi, the Story Siren, You can learn how to join here This is a chance to show the books that have come to you via the post, your email or from the library.  It's a way to highlight books even if you never get to review them.

This week was a good week for books for me, I got several books in various ways. Via the post from paperbackswap.com I completed my collection of the Vampire Diaries Series by LJ Smith. This was the last book I was missing from the original set.
I also got another book from my TBR Pile, I once owned all these books but when I realised I wasn't reading them I sold them and got books I did read. Le Sigh, the things a bibliophile will do.  Since I wished to read the book but not pay too much for it I book swapped a book I read but didn't like for this one.
Dark Guardian is part of the Christine Feehan series that I'm attempting to finish. From the library I also got another of the Dark series books. called Dark Symphony. Which although not apart of my personal collection, does help me knock another book off the TBR Pile
 Also from the library, I picked up a few to help me meet the goal listed on the In Death Reading Challenge.   I got the following:
Creation in death is the book where I stopped reading this series for a while, so I am picking up with Strangers in death so I can catch up with Eve & the gang.  The next adventure in the series is called Salvation which I also picked up:
I made sure to snag the next one as well that way there is no break up in the adventures of Eve and Roarke, it's called Promises. Yes I know I skipped the anthology stories but that's okay Ill get those later.
Then just for fun because I loved the book before this which is called On Strike for Christmas (which was made into a lifetime movie, which is how I learnt about her) I picked up Small Change by Sheila Roberts, as she is a new author to me this should be fun.
I purchased the book: First Grave on the Right on monday, I have been eyeballing it each time I walked into the grocers so I decided to get it. I will admit I picked it up because I loved her shoes. Yeah i got hooked by the cover.
 I'll do a review soon.

The Pile just keeps growing and growing and I haven't even set foot in a bookstore yet!!! I did peep some new books by Mary Janice Davidson that I can't wait to get my hands on, but first I must finish these and the others in the corner, oh and the ones I promised to read and review and ohh crap it looks like a big pile of reading has got to be done. Such a hard job, but someone has to do it.

What did you get in your mailbox this week?  Any books you have been dying for? Share in the comments please.
Happy Reading

6 comments:

  1. I've only read The Awakening from The Vampire Diaries series but I just love the TV series!

    And I've heard such good things about First Grave on the Right.

    Great haul!

    Here's my IMM

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Christine Feehans books. I recommend the audio versions. Love those sexy voices. ;) But paperbacks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try some JD Robb...I love Nora Roberts! Great books!

    ♥Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vampire Diaries has been on my TBR - you'll have to let me know how it is! Last week you mentioned that you were looking forward to my review on White Witch - here's the link if you're still interested. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy everything you got in this week Aisha! You can check out my IMM for this week by clicking on the link below :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2 HC copies of Creation in Death I'm looking to get rid of, I don't know if you are on listia.com but I listed one of them on there. Here's the link if your interested: http://www.listia.com/auction/3812965-nora-roberts-writing-as-j-d-robb-hc-in I'd ship it for free to you though. If your not on listia and your interested let me know and I'll send you an invite =D

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers, and your comments help me to know how you feel, so please share.
Thank You and Goddess Bless.