Monday 23 April 2012

World Book Day 2012


Yesterday was the first annual World Book Night. I celebrated in full bookworm fashion by reading up a storm on like three different books. Including one I got while standing at the bus stop while going to  Magic Monday class. How awesome is that???

It's called: The History of Love by Nicholas Cross

There are twenty nine other books listed on the site that they were giving out. Frick if I had known I could pick titles i would have picked the Henrietta Lacks book or maybe Maya Angelou, on second guess, I'm glad they didn't tell me to pick I would grabbed the box and ran. LOL

According to their website this is why they choose the day. Click on their website to sign up to join in on the festivities next year. I know I will.
Why April 23?A. April 23 is the UNESCO International Day of the Book, chosen in honor of Shakespeare and Cervantes, who both died on April 23 1616. (It is also the anniversary of Shakespeare's birthday.) In the Catalan region of Spain, the day is celebrated by giving a book and a flower to a loved one. We also hope that it’s a lovely spring day perfect for spreading the love of reading in your community.
Happy Reading my loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers, and your comments help me to know how you feel, so please share.
Thank You and Goddess Bless.