Tuesday 2 October 2012

Book Review: Legacy of the Witch

Book Title: Legacy of the Witch  (Goodreads.Amazon)

Author: Maggie Shayne
Publisher: Harlequin
Format: ebook
Cost: $0.00
Pages: 53
How I got it: Freebie on Amazon
My Rating:★★★★★
Erotica Rating: N/A
Synopsis:
As a child, Amarrah loved her grandmother’s stories of three witches who were members of the king’s harem—but they were more than just stories. Amarrah knew she had been there with them…and now their legacy, along with an ancient box that once belonged to them, lies in her hands.
Charged with keeping the box safe, Amarrah is heartbroken when it is stolen from her while she moves to America. Years later, she is shocked to see it on TV and is determined to get it back. Tracking the artifact leads her to Sergeant Harrison Brockson, a handsome soldier who stirs memories of a man she knew centuries ago in ancient Babylon. Is Harrison the key to finding the box—or could he be her destiny?
Prequel novella to Maggie Shayne’s exciting trilogy, "The Portal"

My Review:

This one is a preview for the new series by Maggie Shayne, called the Portals. The first book in the series is called Mark of the Witch, which I got signed at BEA from Maggie. So when I saw that this was being given as a freebie from Amazon I was all over it. i always read Maggie's books, I don't know what they are about until I'm well into the books but if I see she;s in a book I will snap it up. She has a way of weaving a story that is magical and enchanting and just draws you in. This book, short as it was, did the same thing. 

There are witches, reincarnated souls, lost loves, bad guys, heroes in uniform *drools* rich history, magic and of course a treasure. Where do I sign up??? It's a short and fun fast read, that will suck you into the world Maggie has built and makes you drool just thinking about the rest of the story. 

It's a background laying book for the series,as well as a love story, it's short and it's so fun, and you actually felt the love. I enjoyed the history which added a rich layer to it, i loved that the main characters were reincarnated,and that the woman knew even though she wrote it off as a fantasy. Even though this was laying down the ground work for the series, by letting us know what happened to the women, we also got to see Amarrah's love story. The hero, Harrison is of course also reincarnated and wasn't that far off from his original incarnation, as a young man that Amarrah knew. The little adventure didn't feel forced and even though it was only like 53 pages, she still managed to pack quite a punch in this one. I can't wait (in fact I'm skipping all the other books I have to read so I can read the next on that I have on the shelf)to read the rest of the series. 

Maggie has always created characters that were memorable even after you have moved on to other books. I can't wait to learn more about these women and the men who love them. It's sure to be a witching good time.

Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers, and your comments help me to know how you feel, so please share.
Thank You and Goddess Bless.