Tuesday 25 December 2012

ARC Book Review: Mistletoe Cowboy

Book Title: Mistletoe Cowboy: Spikes & Spurs 5
Author: Carolyn Brown
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Format: ebook
Cost: $6.39
Pages: 352
How I got it: NetGalley 
My Rating:★★★★☆
Erotica Rating: ★★★
Synopsis:
'Tis the season for... A matchmaking grandma on a long-disantance mission Mistletoe temptation in every doorway A sexy cowboy with a killer smile When Gran Presely agrees to sell Creed Riley the Rockin' C Ranch for a song at Christmastime, he can hardly believe his good fortune. There's just one little catch-her tantalizing granddaughter Sage is part of the deal...

My Review:
Oh how I love cowboy novels, from I was a little girl watching old Western movies starring John Wayne &  Clint Eastwood with my dad, I just wanted to meet and love a real live Cowboy. I even love the team just cause of their name, (come on don't judge me; they are my team & I love them even if they haven't exactly been playing their best in the last two three years... you know what don't get me started on them 'Boys). 

This story was both scary and sweet, because if this happened in real life we could possibly be hearing about it on the news, wondering what happened?!!? he could have been anybody, an axe murderer or worse a rapist & she was stuck there with him for the foreseeable future, with no phones, no help in sight, yeah it wasn't her smartest move; it could have gone all kinds of wrong, but this is a romance novel and scary scenarios aren't in the books (hahhaha see what i did there, come on I gotta get one in).

Now for the romantic part:how cool is it that the mistletoe always came in on him??? I love that it's a Christmas romance so it's fast & sweet & how does the mundane sound awesome when you throw Christmas in there. They slowly built their life together even before they realized that they were building a life.  The story flowed well, the characters were fleshed out & well written, the scenes flowed without being awkward.  I love the simplicity of the story, just them and a few of their neighbors every now and then, but mostly just them getting to know each other & slowly making a family. A real down home story, which sounds so much like something a grandparent would share.  

I will definitely be reading more from this author (it's my first book by her) and this series sounds like it's going to be packed full of hot cowboys, matchmaking family & well written and courageous women.  I'm looking at a spot on my shelf to slot these in. 

Happy Yule/ Christmas reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers, and your comments help me to know how you feel, so please share.
Thank You and Goddess Bless.